Town of Eaton Water Treatment Plant currently has a job opening until August 12, 2022! If you are interested, please refer to the job description and instructions on how to apply below!
Town of Eaton
Water Treatment Plant
Title: Certified Water Operator Trainee
Starting Wage: $40,000.00 with benefits.
Primary Objectives: The successful candidate will be charged with efficient operations and maintenance of the water distribution system owned by the Town of Eaton. The candidate will also attend 3rd party training in the form of classroom work, independent study and online seminars, as needed to become a Class WT3 AND DSS system operator. Candidate reports to the Superintendent and the Town of Eaton Council.
Essential Job Functions:
- 811 Water locates
- Water tap installations
- Distribution System Installation and Repair
- GIS Mapping of Water Distribution System
- Housekeeping of Water Plant, Tower, Wells and assigned building at WTP
- Assist WWTP and Street staff as need
- Provide on-call/weekend/holiday staffing on a rotating basis
Marginal Job Functions:
- Attend safety and training programs as required
- Provide support to other City Departments as assigned
Skills and Knowledge:
Equipment: Ability to use a variety of Heavy Equipment such as Vac Truck, Dump Truck, Backhoe, Sewer Rodding Machine, GIS hardware, Televising Equipment, Utility Locating Equipment
Tools: Ability to operate a wide variety of hand and power tools as well as multi meter, amp probe and other tools associated with a distribution system maintenance program
- Basic Mechanical Skills
- Basic Math Skills
- Basic Blueprint Reading
- Basic Plumbing Skills
- Traffic Safety
- Confined Space Entry
- General Computing skills associated with Microsoft Office and email
- High School Diploma or Higher
- Valid Indiana Driver’s License
- Pass Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Background Check, Submit to Random Drug Testing
- Obtain WT3 and DSS Certification within 24 months of hire date (or next testing date closest to 24 months).
- Previous Excavation Experience a plus
Candidate does not supervise other staff members. Work can be complicated and non-standardized. Work is typically assigned by Superintendent, Town Council, Clerk-Treasurer, and Utility Clerk who provides general guidelines, but allows the incumbent the flexibility in planning and completing the objectives in a safe and timely manner. The safety and well-being of on-site team members is of utmost importance. It will be the candidate’s responsibility to study materials outside of normal business hours, in addition to the time allotted during normal working hours for education and training purposes. The candidate is required to reside within a reasonable distance to the Town of Eaton WTP to adequately meet response times associated with the required on-call rotation (preferred to reside in Delaware County, 30-minute response time). Current working hours are Monday-Friday from 7:30am to 4:00pm with occasional mandatory overtime in emergency situations. 30-minute non-paid lunch break. Weekend and Holiday work and On-call staffing required on a rotational basis.
- The physical activity expected is climbing, stooping, standing, walking, lifting, feeling, talking and hearing.
- The physical requirements expected are identified as heavy work.
- The minimum visual activity expected of the job is close to the eyes.
- The minimum working conditions require the employee to work both inside and outside, be exposed to temperatures below 32 degrees for periods of more than 1 hour, be exposed to temperatures above 100 degrees for more than 1 hour, be exposed to noise, be exposed to chemical hazards, be exposed to atmospheric conditions compromised by fumes, odors, dust, mist, gas and or poor ventilation
- Safety equipment such as hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection and respirators may be required to mitigate workplace hazards.
Candidates will need to fill out an employment application, which can be picked up in person at 107 E. Harris Street Eaton, Indiana (electronic copy Town of Eaton Application). Questions about the position can be directed to Bridgett DeWees at the Town of Eaton (765-396-3980).
Applications will be accepted through August 12,2022 at 107 E. Harris Street Eaton, Indiana.