The Town of Eaton’s Council is the town’s independent legislative body that works on adopting ordinances, policies, regulations, and resolutions for the town’s health and welfare. The Town Council is a five-member board, elected by the Town of Eaton voters every four years.
Clerk-Treasurer: Vicki Hargis
The Clerk-Treasurer for the Town of Eaton is the city’s financial officer and clerk of records. Specifically, duties of the Clerk-Treasurer are:
- Account for all of the town’s funds, assets, and policies
- Serves as secretary to the Town Council
- Maintain the public meeting calendar and Town Council agendas and minutes, town ordinances and resolutions, and legal contracts between the town and other agencies
- Handle accounts payable
- Prepare payroll of town employees
- Issue solicitor permits
- Announce bid opportunities
- Disburse checks for vendor claims and accounts payable
- Maintain human resource records and applications for employment
- Collect fees as set according to city ordinances
- Provide for review of financial data, including revenues, expenditures, town budgets, as well as the annual financial report
- Managing and maintaining public records
In Indiana, town Clerk-Treasurers are elected by the town’s voters every four years. Town of Eaton’s Clerk-Treasurer, Vicki Hargis, is assisted by her staff, Deputy Clerk Bridgett DeWess.